Delicious and healthy
This delicious pea, asparagus and radish salad is a super healthy choice for a dinner side or just a simple green spring or summer salad. It’s packed with vitamins A, C and K, it’s rich in potassium and magnesium. This salad is also great for bone, immune and digestive health.
Pea, asparagus and radish salad
- Peas fresh
- Sugar snap peas sliced in half long ways
- Asparagus sliced in 3 pieces then in half
- Watermelon radish sliced thin
- Salt for water
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
This pea, asparagus and radish salad which is great for spring or summer, is so simple to make and is done in 20 mins. I love this recipe with sugar snap peas vs snow peas because they have a sweeter flavor. Sugar snap peas aren’t exactly cheap, so I slice them in half to have more pieces of them throughout the salad. Same with the asparagus, I slice 3 times, then slice in half. It helps speed up the Cook time. I blanch all the vegetables except the radish for just a few minutes. You still want a crunch, but not raw. I use watermelon radish in this salad. A lot of people have never heard of this radish and it is not easy to find. Regular radish will also work in this recipe.
Start by bringing a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Slice and clean all the vegetables. Steam the peas first because they need more time to cook for about 5 minutes. After 3 minutes, add in the asparagus and sugar snap peas. Get an ice bath ready while everything is bleaching. Pour into a strainer and stick into the ice bath immediately. While vegetables are cooling. Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined, serve and enjoy this yummy little green salad! Want more healthy recipes? Click here!
Pea asparagus and watermelon radish salad
- 16 oz peas fresh
- 2 cups sugar snap peas sliced in half long ways
- 2 cups asparagus sliced in 3 pieces then in half
- 1 watermelon radish sliced thin
- 1 tbsp salt for water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat a large pot of water over medium high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Add salt to the water. Slice asparagus into 3 pieces and then each piece in half. Slice sugar snap peas in half long ways. Slice watermelon radish as thin as possible.
- Add peas to the water, blanch for 3 minutes. Add in sugar snap peas and asparagus and blanch fo2 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Place in a ice bath to shock the veggies and stop the cooking process. You want the asparagus and sugar snap peas still slightly crunchy. Leave in the ice bath for 10 minutes.
- While veggies are cooling. combine all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Simple, fast and delicious, your salad is now ready to be served!