How healthy is savory cabbage?
This savory cabbage soup is super healthy and very filling. Some health benefits from cabbage are, it is loaded with vitamin C, it regulates digestive track functions and it helps sooth ulcer pain. It also has tons of potassium and calcium. It is especially great for loosing weight! People use the cabbage soup diet as a way to lose weight and it works! Click here to see full health benefits from nature and garden.
Savory stuffed cabbage soup
- Ground beef
- Savory cabbage
- Jasmine rice
- Sweet onion
- Fire roasted tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Garlic cloves
- Sage leaves
- Bay leaves
- Smoked paprika
- Better than bouillon beef paste
- olive oil
This savory stuffed cabbage soup is so easy to make! I use 90/10 beef, but you can use whatever fat content you would like. I prefer a leaner meat because it is less greasy and more healthy for you. There is nothing worse then drinking a bowl of grease. Fatty meat also tends to shrink up a lot more then lean meat.
To start your cabbage soup, heat oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot. Add in onions and cook until tender stirring often. Add in beef, all the seasoning and fresh herbs and cook until beef is brown. Once the beef is nice and cooked, add in the cabbage, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until the tomato paste has dissolved. Add in water and better then beef bouillon paste, stir for 5 minutes until the paste has dissolved. Turn heat to a medium low simmer and cook soup for 30 minutes or until the cabbage is nice and tender. Add in the rice and cook for an additional 15 mins or until rice is tender. Remove bay leaves and top with freshly chopped parsley.
This dish would go great with a sandwich or a French Baggett. You could even top with a little fresh grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy your savory stuffed cabbage soup! For more soup recipes, click here!
Note: Store in fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Savory stuffed cabbage soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 90/10
- 3/4 head savory cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice rinsed well
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 2 15.5oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 6oz tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp thyme minced
- 2 sage leaves fresh chopped fine
- 2 bay leaves fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 14 cups water
- 14 tsp better than bouillon beef paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped fine
- Wash and chop 3/4 of the cabbage into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil on medium high heat, then add chopped onion and cook until tender about 5 minutes. Add in beef, all the seasoning and thw fresh herbs and cook until brown about 10 minutes. Once meat is brown, add in the cabbage, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until tomato paste has disloved.
- Pour in water and better then boullion beef paste and stir until disolved. Turn heat to a medium low simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- FInally add in the jasmine rice and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve woth fresh chopped parsley amd enjoy!