Sometimes life gives you lemons, but in the event that life gives you limes, make some limeade! This little sour, round, bright green, citrus fruit is high in vitamin C, antioxidants and other nutrients. The tangy citrus fruit may help to boost you immune system, reduce heart disease risk factors, prevent kidney stones, aid iron absorbent and promotes healthy skin!
I absolutely love limeade by Simply. Its my go to citrus drink. But why not try making it at home? Nothing compares to fresh squeezed limeade! It’s way healthier and this way, you know exactly what is going in it. Limeade is the perfect summer drink. It is super refreshing and has a nice little zing! Enjoy this refreshing limeade drink ice cold with friends or family on a hot summer day. This delicious, tart little drink goes well with appetizers or even a charcuterie board!
Things you will need
- Limes sliced thin
- A large pitcher
- A hand held citrus juicer
- A small strainer
Make that fresh squeezed limeade!
- Start by getting a large pitcher.
- Squeeze your limes. You can squeeze by hand or use a citrus squeezer and make your life a little bit easier.
- Strain your juice as you squeeze it, unless you are a pulp lover. I personally do not like pulp.
- Add a generous amount of ice to your large pitcher.
- Slice your limes thin and add to the pitcher as well.
- Add in your lime juice, water and sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you have a large crowd you would like to make this drink for, simply double or even triple the recipe! I guarantee your guests will keep coming back for more! I know I would!
Love this recipe? Serve it will this delicious chicken and kale salad!
Fresh squeezed limeade
- 2 cups lime juice freshly squeezed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 limes sliced thin
- Add ice to a large pitcher. Add in, cut limes, lime juice, water and sugar. Stir well and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply